Water and sports PT
- Emphasis on prevention, resulting in optimal injury-free playing.
- Achieve the best position for health throughout your athlete’s playing career.
- Assess recent injuries or current pain in your player’s hand, elbow, shoulder, back, hip, knee and ankle.
HOW IT WORKS
- One-on-one assessment performed by WSPT’s clinical Doctors of Physical Therapy for a body part based on movement observation by the therapist or by pain complaints.
- Each athlete will perform a series of functional movements in order to point out any injuries and to predict the occurrence of future injuries. This is a similar test that is done on all NFL and MLB professional athletes and has proven to predict 66% of all players that will get injured that season (before the injury occurs).
- All 692 players can access via videos accessed on WSPT’s website, participants will receive an individualized set of recommended exercises to support injury prevention.
- Exercises address deficits discovered during the analysis and act to protect her muscles and joints as the season progresses and into her potential collegiate career.
- WSPT is available to set up more comprehensive evaluation and therapy sessions should the movement mechanics or pain remain unchanged.
COMMON PROBLEM AREAS
- Stiff or weak ankles after rolls, sprains, or fractures.
- Knee, hip, or back pain from repetitive jumping, hitting, and landing.
- Shoulder pain from muscle imbalances, previous injuries, or repetitive hitting motions.
MORE ABOUT WATER AND SPORTS PHYSICAL THERAPY
We are one of the leading sports medicine therapy clinics in the country. We have eight state-of-the-art physical therapy clinics in San Diego that incorporate physical therapy, chiropractic care, acupuncture, massage therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nutritional counseling, and psychology. Professional athletes come from all parts of the country to rehab their injuries at WSPT.